How the verbal part is constructed? What kind of attitude?
Semiotic. How are characters presented? Have they an identity? Are they in opposition?
When you put 2 things together but not explicitly
When they are presented, they drive users' attention to one of the two
The final aim is to entertain
It’s a visual text made of visual and text
The text is always a communicative text
It’s a normative text, expressive but they could lie like politic texts. It’s fiction
The very first meaning it’s the plot, we have to go a little bit deeper.
Role of women, English/Indian culture, English as a mean of improving social level.
Do they speak English in the family? What are the contexts in which the 2 language are spoken?
English only on job context, so it’s more important. Hindi is on a lower state
The relationship between wife and husband is not happy but only about the language
How the levels are hidden, verbal and visual
Continua a leggere:
- Successivo: Analisi del film "English Vinglish"
- Precedente: Displacement and Subjection. Linguistic consequences
Per approfondire questo argomento, consulta le Tesi:
- The Presence of Anglicisms in four italian Magazines: a Case Study
- Features of Indian English: characteristics from a corpus of indian speakers
- Analisi traduttologica della serie BBC ''Sherlock''
- Searching for a Global language: A Debate in the Global English Era
- Internet - The Flagship of Global English?
Puoi scaricare gratuitamente questo appunto in versione integrale.