Standardization and Prescriptivism
Selection of a variety to be the standard.
Codification by which norms are elucidated and captured in dictionaries or grammar.
Elaboration which involves the extension of the standard to a wider variety of functions.
Implementation whereby norms are imposed, and variability suppressed.
Prescriptivism: judgements about the correctness
A FEW WORDS
Number of speakers
Colonisation – political incorporation – national reaction
Displacement – subjection – replacement
Restructuring of social identity (Schneider)
Dialect levelling/internal variation
Pidgin and creoles
Continua a leggere:
- Successivo: Displacement and Subjection. Linguistic consequences
- Precedente: Schneider's dynamic model (2003)
Per approfondire questo argomento, consulta le Tesi:
- The Presence of Anglicisms in four italian Magazines: a Case Study
- Features of Indian English: characteristics from a corpus of indian speakers
- Analisi traduttologica della serie BBC ''Sherlock''
- Searching for a Global language: A Debate in the Global English Era
- Internet - The Flagship of Global English?