Westernised education in India: Macaulay's Minute
Global English + appunti sul Minute
Macaulay wants to make everyone to be sure that what he’s saying is perfect.
English is not composed by short sentences, it depends by topics.
Main characters: Language(s), education, improvement, economy, money, payment, learned native, British Government + India only in comparison.
What’s beyond this text?
Indian is not equal, the UK is better, they are constructing a balance, UK always wins.
CDA tools – choices
Suppression and lexical absence
Images/colour/foreground – background
FILM: English has the power to connect people from all over the world. We don’t know what’s the attitude of the author
LINK AL MINUTE
Herd: mandria. He wants to criticize that those people were bad people, he is Indian. It’s a choice.
VIDEO: Macaulay's Minute: A Crucial Document, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pvY4sdHWRU
Continua a leggere:
Per approfondire questo argomento, consulta le Tesi:
- The Presence of Anglicisms in four italian Magazines: a Case Study
- Features of Indian English: characteristics from a corpus of indian speakers
- Analisi traduttologica della serie BBC ''Sherlock''
- Searching for a Global language: A Debate in the Global English Era
- Internet - The Flagship of Global English?
Puoi scaricare gratuitamente questo appunto in versione integrale.